Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dear Amanda

Dear Amanda,

  I thought you should know that after all these years, I've decided to start taking clarinet lessons.  

  More importantly, I don't know which Amanda I'm writing to.  I've narrowed it down to three Amandas: Skehan, Danskin, and Wells.  Those are pretty much the only Amandas I've associated with in the past few years -- a comment I'm sure will make all other Amandas I've ever known feel slighted.  Well, too bad.  They had their chance.  Do I always have to be the one who calls to make plans?  If there are any Amandas out there who'd like to be part of my inner circle,  then you should call me.  There.  The ball's in your court.

  Well, whichever Amanda you are, I'm sure you'll all agree that learning the clarinet will be a positive experience for me, and I know you'll support my venture into higher learning.

  Please write back to me with a hint, like, tell me what color hair you have.

Your Friend or Ex-boyfriend,

Zachary

No comments: